Friday, December 30, 2011

Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

This was some of our "fall" decorations.  A few months ago, Walt (with the help of the missionaries) brought over Aunt Nettie's piano into our apartment.  I LOVE having a piano again!!! Not only is it great to play but I really like decorating the top of them.  Yes, I'm weird, but whatev..it brings me joy:)

This pumpkin I made with Jenene.  I know pride is bad but I'm so proud of my work with this little beauty.  We actually made, I think, 6 of them to give to our girls we visit teach.  Jenene made me take the most "ugly" one...so imagine what the others looked like..hahaha!

For Thanksgiving this year, we drove up to Mesa and spent it with my side of the family.  Every two years, we have the Jarvis Family Reunion.  Although technically I am not a Jarvis (were more distant related), were considered "adopted" into the family so, therefore, we are invited!  It was great fun and nice to see family, even though SO MANY were not there.  Jake actually flew into town from Portland, Oregon so it was even more fun seeing him and spending some time with him.  


Last but not least, its a Dasha Tradition to watch "Garfield's Halloween Adventure" and "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" each fall season.  Miles had never really seen them so he enjoyed that.  Another one were adding to the collection is "Scared Shrekless."  I'm not a huge Shrek fan but Miles is.  Holy cow, did we watch that dvd! For WEEKS Miles was quoting that movie.  To say he loved it would be an understatement.  I think it goes a lot deeper!! EVERYONE we saw or came over had to watch that dvd..hahaha...but whatever makes him happy!

1 comment:

ginalenore said...

Dang, lady! I need you to come decorate at my house. Seriously!