Saturday, January 2, 2010

Two Thousand and Ten...Bring it On!

2009 was a hard year. Seriously, I hated this last year, actually more like the last three, but in this past year, I have seen myself become someone I never thought I would be. I won't go into details, but I'm not proud of who I have become and choices I have made. While I know no one is perfect, we can strive to be and I haven't been. My life has consisted of making it through the day, sometimes, hour by hour, and not much more. I've let things slip and before I knew it, they had became habits. Now good and healthy actions that were once second nature, are now super hard and incredibly difficult to do. Regardless, the mark of a new year, and even more importantly, a new decade, means change. A change for the better. A time for me, Dasha, to GROW UP. A period were I will take responsibility for my actions. A decision to let go of the past and all of its hurts, regrets, and all the what-ifs. I plan to be happy again. To smile and mean it. To love unconditionally regardless of the consequences. To be a spiritual giant, someone who will stand before others and represent the church of Jesus Christ in a way that is good. I want to be close to those around me and let them back into my life and likewise be let back into theirs. I no longer want to be alone. No more a shadow or recluse from the world. No more. That's it...I'm done with that person and all the anger and hurt that she has been wrapped up in.

So with this new year means change and control.

Its my life. Time I started acting like it. And I gotta say, I am pretty darn excited about it!

8 comments:

Julee said...

Girl you are awesome! We all need to change for the better! Thank goodness we can!!! Are you going to be in Thatcher for the 17th of January? You should come to my litle brothers homecoming and sit by us! I would love to see you!!! Or we should see eachother some other time I am down there!!!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

I'm excited about it too!!!! This means you hang out with me when I invite you to do stuff. You are awesome Dasha and I'm sorry I haven't been a better friend/cousin! Love you!!!!

curtisdasha said...

Julee! I will be here. I would love to meet up and catch up...let me know times when you are available and we will make it work:)

And holy cow, Morgan is already coming home!

curtisdasha said...

Sarah, we do need to hang out, even if its excercising! And you have been a wonderful cousin/friend....I love you right back!

Julee said...

Sounds great!!!!! What days/hours do you work?

Rushele said...

Awesome!! That's what I like to hear from you! You totally deserve to ALWAYS be happy, no matter what.
I love you so much! ;)
And I'm glad to see that you've posted too....gotta keep us all in the loop with Dasha!

curtisdasha said...

Julee, I work monday thru friday 7am-230pm.....if you give me enough notice, I may be able to leave early for a day or take the whole day off!

curtisdasha said...

Love you too, Rushele!